Sunday, September 2, 2012

Another Big Change

Another big change in my life happened last March. I had been having a lot of stomach problems. After going to the dr. several times and being told that nothing was wrong I decided to try fixing things myself. My dr. offered me some medicine to take away my stomach pain. I did not think that this was addressing the problem. I started about by taking wheat out of my diet. No change. Then I stopped eating dairy. (Shhhhh, I live in Wisconsin this is almost like treason!) My stomach problems got a little better. Then I stopped eating dairy and milk. Magic! My stomach problems stopped. Becoming a quasi-vegetarian has been an interesting challenge. Eating in restaurants is difficult. I eat a lot of boring salad when in restaurants. This is one of the many downsides to living in a small town. I have had more of a reason to try out new recipes. Some of my vegetarian recipes were great and some......well.....I ended up having a PB&J for that meal. The most surprising thing about becoming vegetarian is the reaction I get from other people. I do not bring it up but when I go out with others and just order a salad they are always questions. Many people look at me like I have gone crazy. One woman asked me "Do you do that for health reasons or do not not like to kill the poor little animals." The last part was said in a baby voice. Yikes, what a rude response. The best part about this big change is that I have lost 20 pounds without really trying. YEA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment